Monday, May 22, 2006

Tour of the Gables 5K run.

I want to congratulate a couple of Tri-Strong members for their effort in today's Tour of the Gables 5K run.The day was gorgeous and it was a pleasure to run through the Coral Gables streets and around the golf course. The leader of the club today was Bernie Brijbag who finished with a splendid time of 21:03 taking a 7th place out of 48 runners in his age group. The “Courage Award” went to my friend and running partner Silvio Marulanda, who stopped the clock at 22:16 taking 4th place in his age group. Her friend Claudia Segrera earned the “Debut Award” after finishing 12th in her age group with an impressive time of 26:20 on her first ever race. And finally the “Most Improved Award” went to Joaquin Duro who finished 17th with a mark of 28:29. I know, I know, I was the last one but someone had to carry the Tri-Strong flag and besides I did 2 minutes less than the Coconut Grove race a month ago.

To all, Congratulations for your great effort and keep training!!!!

Check the results here http://www.footworksmiami.com/results/results.asp

Un abrazo a todos,

Joaco

No comments: